This person is a member of the Janitorial Services staff and will work under the supervision of the Facilities Supervisor. The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain cleaning of property and other various maintenance and custodial. This person will be expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer and other appropriate ways as he/she serves the Lord Jesus Christ and the church. This position is subject to a background check.
The duties of Custodian include but are not limited to the following:
- Clean restrooms and replenish restrooms paper goods
- Empty trash
- Clean tables in classrooms, commons, and foyer
- Vacuum areas
- Clean interior and exterior glass
- Clean drinking fountains
- Dust vents; sweep and mop floors
- Clean kitchen area
- Tear down and reset classrooms, Worship Center, and auditorium
- Properly measure chemicals that are provided; use various chemicals to clean
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools: extractors, high pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
Physical Functions Required
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods.
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use motorized equipment
- Ability to work with others and alone; able to redirect when needed
- A valid driver license needed
- A criminal background check will be performed